Screening and Evaluation
Many children and parents have experienced lengthy testing protocols, but even after testing, parents often learn only that their child has a “disability” or a specific diagnosis. They many not receive any clear guidance on what to do next.
At Parents Place, we are different. We use a unique collaborative assessment model.
Here’s what we do:
- Listen to your concerns and partner with you to figure out where we can be of help.
- Focus on your child’s and family’s strengths and understand your child’s specific challenges and how they can best be managed or overcome.
- Address your immediate concerns and offer your family a roadmap so you can confidently choose a path that is right for your family.
Here is what we don’t do:
- Focus only on diagnosing your child’s challenges.
- Recommend a full battery of tests that cost thousands of dollars.
- Leave your family without a plan of action.
If you decide to obtain services at Parents Place, a developmental specialist will work with you and your family to develop a preliminary plan and agreement covering:
- The type(s) of services that will be provided
- The benefits that can be expected from each service
- The names and credentials of the professionals involved
- The types of screenings, observations, or tests that will be preformed (if necessary) and what we can learn from these screening tools
- An estimate of your financial obligation
- Advocacy in working with insurance providers (if applicable)
If you or your child needs support, please call 650-688-3046 to make an appointment.
"I registered for the program, never dreaming that this simple gathering held once a week for an hour and half would transform our lives. The caring, welcoming, and highly professional staff recognized my child’s special needs and recommended an evaluation with the clinical director or Parents Place. Regular meeting with this remarkable skilled therapist and continuing our weekly gatherings have provided not only therapeutic support for my child but community guidance and encouragement for me."